The journey of life in the vehicle of body.Mind gives self but it runs only by "Kickkstart".

Sunday, September 27, 2009

NAMASTEY Aunty Effect !!!!!!!!!!


The most challenging words which are a real test of character and communication skills of a person are "namastey aunty".Two words which displays the character of the person.Throughout my 20 years "namastey aunty" kept on evolving as did my hairstyle.

In early days I used to say it with my hands gesturing namastey much like the politicians do when they make a vote appeal.My brother used to tease me for it.So I decided to change with the time.My brothers style was pretty different and seemed indifferent to me.When he sees an uncle or aunty his head would nod quickly just as it does when he sneezes accompanied by the words at a noise level of .001 db.So I eventually embibed his style and started sneezing out my namasteys.

When I see my target from long distance,then the sneeze has to be properly timed.The void between the sneeze and (deadman)walking can be filled by observing how clean your road is or seeing your hairstyle in car's windows or blowing kisses to the girls who are watching you from the windows(its optional) but not by making eye contact with the target.After the indifferent time-out I begin to prepare myself for the moment and wait for the eye contact...3,2,1..."Namastey aunty"(sneeze).Most of times I get positive feedbacks but sometimes I get most errant(not transgressively) responses in which their reaction suggests "Sewers are really foul smelling here".Thats part and parcel of life and you have to move on.

Difficulties arise when the freshers(uncle and aunty) arrive and I am not sure whether my namastey will succeed.Sometimes there are more than 1 target in close proximity.I have to very tactfully position my eyes in centre so that with 1 sneeze I can petrify(I have read 112 pages of Chamber of secrets till date....the only potter book )all of them.

Being a "patelian"(I know how hard its entrance was) I have experienced the most unusual styles of indifferent wishing.I had to wave hands after seeing a teacher or even Principal much the same way the shopkeeper communicates "nahi hai" after being asked "bhaiyya maa ki daal hai(no offence mummies)?" or like one of the dance steps of Helen in "Laila O Laila".I loved this waving as it suited my character.It was a multipurpose weapon as a lot was communicated with just a simple wavering.The main purpose of this wavering was to reduce that .oo1 db of noise pollution and our school was awarded with a badge of honour by "the green brigade"(the same brigade that occupied 3 center pages of my books in classes 5,6,7)...

Hope the environmentalists will consider this wishing style and put it in global perspective as"Namastey Aunty Effect".....

3 comments:

Sherry Wasandi said...

It's uncanny.

I was just discussing the very same matter with my mother. More in terms of a framework and foolproof formula for which aunty absolutely HAS to be "namastey-ed", which ones can be ignored, and the ones that should be avoided at all costs.

Well. I just stare deprecatingly at people I don't like, pay no attention to those who don't matter, and smile at the ones I like.

It's that simple.

(Errant, not transgressively?)

Param Saraf said...

There must be a formula and it should also take into account the reciprocity as in "Namastey beta/beti"

Abhishek said...

I have seen many assholes/motherf**kers touching feet of completely strangers/teachers just to add to their impression as if they were to marry their daughter. Imagine they are not even their relatives.

Its like a habit for them, and I feel uncomfortable when these creatures are in front of me, and I am not doing the same but I am very determined and I just manage with a "Hello Aunty/Uncle" or "Namaste Aunty" etc.