The journey of life in the vehicle of body.Mind gives self but it runs only by "Kickkstart".

Friday, March 19, 2010

The Great Indian Marriage......

Marriages are made in heaven.....Hmm may be,but Indian Marriages are made with colours,rituals,emotions and a lot of excitement.This was the first time I got a chance to witness marriage so closely....so here it goes...

Description::::My sis(My Tauji's daughter) Subhadra and Ketan Pimparikar(Her MITian groom) got married on 18th March 2010...A date that they will never forget...Sudarshan(Subhadra's bro) and me had a key role to play...

On 14th march I reached Bhilai for Daal Baati(a delicacy served on event of Narsimha(our kuldevata)Dev ke jode jimaana)...We departed at night for Nagpur...The job beginsss...

Being 6 '2' weighing 75 kgs and aging just 20 years(the youngest in my family) it is presumed that I am a worker and my role is to lift baggages,load them,unload them,listen to what old men say,do as they please,dont argue with them,and keep nodding in acceptance.....At Nagpur I did the same along with Sud(Sudarshan) enjoying every bit of it.

15th and 16th were off days where all arrangements for the 17th and 18th were finalised....During this time I played cards with old men(Bluff,Rummy,Not at home and Satti centre) played with adoloscents(tried a lot of wrestling moves on them) and gossipped with long lost bhanjis and bhatijis who are of my age(strange!!!)

17th came and came the baraatis.....While few people went  to recieve them at railway station at 5 am some made arrangements for welcoming them....I was in the latter group...

Deprived of sleep and nature's call I stood at the gate welcoming them...Then came the groom with his parents followed by their relatives including a lot of aunties and few teens whose mouth opened on seeing us(the alpha males) but then dropped soon when we lifted their baggages and transported them to their rooms..

Being in the girl's side a lot of pain is inflicted on all irrespective of who you are and whatever you do...I mean a person who doesnt help anyone unless he feels that someone needs help had to act like an ass(donkey) doing what the master says and not complain...The prize that the ass got were a few smiles(amount varied from few rupees to a million dollars)......to be continued

2 comments:

Diwakar Sinha said...

nice to know the story at the other end of the spectrum...me being among the shorter of the lot.

Abhishek said...

waiting for the continuation...